Thursday 17 December 2015

Tanya Burr Lipgloss Review

So,yet again I'm late to the bandwagon with everything. So late that she's now bought out a ton of new lipgloss's and repackaged the old ones. 
I've had these for around 6 months but I completely forgot I owned them until a few weeks ago. Now if you're like me and you're not a big fan of lipgloss's you're very picky about what you wear if you do wear a lipgloss. I'm all about finding cheaper alternatives to high end brand. Being a student I do not have enough to splash out on things such as Mac and benefit, as much as I'd love to be able to. 
I have the lipgloss's in 7 different shades. When I bought them I accidentally duplicated one of the shades. I've also managed to lose one of the glosses somewhere. Oops. The shades I have are:
.I Found Nemo
.Heart Skipped A Beat
.Wxotic Island
.Picnic In The Park
.Afternoon Tea
.Chic
.Just Peachy
The great thing about these glosses are the colour range available and the pigmentation of the glosses themselves. 
They all have a very faint light sweet/fruity scent. I think it smells amazing. If you're not into scented products don't worry. They're not super potent. The glosses themselves are very high in gloss and they're easily applicable. They're slightly sticky so not the best for the wind but they do look gorgeous, on their own and paired with other products. They retail in Superdrug for £5.99 but I got mine off of Frangrence Direct for £1.99 each. 

1.I Found Nemo
Firstly can we just talk about how cute the name of this is! I love it. This is by far my favourite lipgloss of the collection that I own. It's a very gorgeous pinky coral colour. It has a very orange undertone to it. I think this colour is absolutely amazing for the summer or if you're on holiday. It last a very long time and the colour payoff is insane! 



The gloss it's self does have some very fine chunks of gold glitter in it but it's not noticeable when on the lips. 

5/5

2. Heart Skipped A Beat
When I purchased this I accidentally bought this red instead of another one that I was planning on getting (let's travel the world) which kind of sucked. This gloss is super glittery in the tube but again it doesn't have muchas  effect when on the lips. The colour looks very red in the tube but when on the lips it gives off more of a coral red colour which is disappointing. 


I don't like wearing this colour by its self but I do love to pair it up with lipstick (see last blogpost.) Its not a bad lipgloss, it's just not my favourite. 

3/5

3.Exotic Island
Again...how cute is this name?!? This is a very true to colour gloss. It's not as pigmented as it is in the tube but it still gives off an amazing vibrant purple colour. I chose this colour because I was hoping it would be true to colour and I was not left disappointed. It's unlike anything I have in my collection.It looks gorgeous on its own or paired up with other lipsticks. 
If you're brave enough then I'd definitely recommend trying it out! 

4.5/5

4.Picnic in the park 
I bought this shade because I had heard so many great things about it. It is truley the most perfect everyday wearable colour. It's a pink with a slightly coral/light pink undertone. This is such a perfect colour if you're wanting a little bit of colour but you're not wanting anything too much. It's super glossy and it lasts a long time. 
If you're wanting to try somthing from the range but titre not sure on what, I'd defiantly recommend picking this up. Also this is perfect if you're just starting out in makeup or if you're still at school and you just need that somthing. Lush!

5/5

5.Afternoon Tea 
This is the first of the three nude shades that I have. It's definitely the best of the three that I own. This is the most pink undertones nude of my collection. It looks amazing by its self or paired with a nude/pink lipstick. It's a very pretty and sophisticated shade. 

Again, I think this is a perfect shade for beginners or people at school and I love it a lot! 

4.5/5

6.Chic
This is the second of the nudes from my collection. It's a very unusual times nude. It has a very warm orange undertone mixed with a hint of brown. I think this colour would look gorgeous on people with more olive or tanned skin. I find this a little hard to wear sometimes because I am so pale. If you're super pale like me I'd stay away from this shade. 


It's definitely the glossiest of the nudes so if you love glossy nude lips, then you'll love this shade!! 

2.5/5

6.Just Peachy
This shade is the third and final nude shade. It's the one I regret most out of all the glosses. When applied it will apply as one layer and then it will start to move on my lips and budge into one area. It also sinks into any lines you have in your lips. It's a very thick and gloopy formula (since day 1.) It's not very glossy and it's very clumpy. 


0.5/5

Overall, these glosses aren't bad for the price. I do think you can get some similar and better products from the drugstore for the same price or even cheaper. I do like the pigmentation and the lasting power of these glosses. They're super shiny. The packaging and names are also super cute which is a bonus. 



Have you tried anything from Tanya's cosmetics range? Let me know in the comments down below or tweet me @AlbonsChum. Thanks for reading guys and I'll see you in my next post!
Loads of love

Charlie
X. X. X. 



Available at: 
http://www.superdrug.com/cat_path/c/tanyaburr
http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/tanya-burr/tanya-burr-lip-gloss-8ml/invt/0060484




No comments:

Post a Comment